Sunday, December 28, 2008

33 Degrees

Ok, so I've been telling people about this shoot.. I also posted a status on facebook about it, so people are asking "what is 33 Degrees?". Well 33 Degrees happens to be the coldest on location shoot I've ever done! Not cold as in tight, but cold as in literally 33 degrees outside "coldest". If that's not enough in addition to the cold, the wind was blowing hard, hard enough to blow my strobes down! Luckily I had the pleasure of working with a model, Kisha Joiner, who drove all the way from League City to Hempstead to shoot with me.. that's like 3 hours or something LoL. So when she arrived she was like "I don't care if its a negative 33 degrees outside, we shooting LoL". Well we get on set and I'm setting up, and all of a sudden... timmmmber! All of my strobes were blown down, my modifiers were blowing all over the street, and my power wouldn't turn on. Enough to call it quits, huh? Well I couldn't have her drive all the way out here and send her home empty handed.. So Michaelyn and I managed to get everything together and set up. Show time! Michaelyn and I were freezing our butts off but Kisha.. I swear she made it seem like it was 83 degrees or something... no shivering, no complaining, or anything.. Man that's what I'm talkin' bout!!! Don't believe me? Just look at the photos!

That's why I love shooting on location.. so unpredictible.. would have never known if I hadn't said anything ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment